Monday, November 26, 2012

Chocolate Praline Cake

     OK, I'll admit it, this recipe came about because of a botched praline recipe!  I found a recipe in my mother's box and thought I'd give it a try.  It didn't turn out like I'd hoped, so I was trying to figure out what to do with it.  I couldn't in good consciousness throw it all out.  They tasted great, they just wouldn't harden! Since chocolate is a family favorite, this is the result.....


Chocolate Praline Cake
1 box chocolate cake mix- any kind
1 container of chocolate icing

Bake cake as usual, let cool.  Top with chocolate icing.  While the cake is baking, make praline topping.


Praline Topping:
1 pound box brown sugar
1 pint whipping cream
2 cups pecans - chopped
2 tablespoons margarine

Mix brown sugar and cream well in 4 quart pyrex dish, microwave at full power for 15 minutes.  Remove from microwave and immediately stir in pecan and margarine.  Let cool until cake is iced.  Pour over cake.  Be careful, it will be really hot!!!

I left the cake in the baking pan to make it easier!



 You could also use this praline recipe as an ice cream topping if you let it cool to room temperature


Rich and delicious....Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment