Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Turtle Candy

     My project today has been making turtle candy- these are the best and most requested candy from my kids!  They are so good, that I will definitely have to hide these or they won't make it to Christmas.....

    
Turtle Candy

1 bag caramels - unwrapped
1 package almond bark - chocolate
bag of pecan halves

 Preheat oven to 200 degrees.   Melt the chocolate on low-medium in a double boiler.

 
 
Arrange pecan halves as shown and place unwrapped caramel in center.


Place tray in oven for about 10  minutes to soften caramel.  Remove tray from oven and press down on caramel with a fork.  If your fork gets sticky, dip it in cold water and continue. 

 
When chocolate is completely melted, spoon a dollop of chocolate on top of the turtle and spread to cover the turtle.

Let them cool and you are DONE!

                           
 
 
Now, I had some chocolate left, so I grabbed a couple handfuls of pecans and marshmallows and put them in the double boiler with the chocolate.  Mix well and spoon onto waxed paper. 

Rocky road candy!

I hope you can try these, they are so easy and don't take many ingredients.  I promise they will be a BIG hit!      Enjoy!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment