Monday, December 17, 2012

Finger Cookies

     I know the name of these cookies sounds strange, but they are a family favorite!  My mom made these every year when I was growing up, so I have continued the tradition at Christmas time with my family....

      The inside of these aren't too sweet- the sweetness comes from being covered in powdered sugar!  How can they NOT be good???



Finger Cookies

1 cup butter, at room temperature
1/3 cup powdered sugar, plus extra to cover cookies after baking
2 teaspoons water
2 teaspoons vanilla
2 cups all purpose flour
1 cup chopped pecans

Cream butter, sugar, water and vanilla.  Add flour and pecans. Mix well.  Batter will be pretty thick.  Chill 3-4 hours.  Shape into fingers using about 1 teaspoon cookie dough.  Bake on ungreased cookie sheet at 325 degrees for about 20 minutes.  Cool slightly on wire rack.  The powdered sugar sticks to the cookies better if they are somewhat warm.  In separate bowl with cover, put extra powdered sugar.  Add cookies a few at a time and shake gently (or roll) until covered.  Makes about 48 cookies.








     If you are planning to give these way like I do, you may need to make few batches!  I use holiday tins or holiday plastic bags to give them away.  More holiday recipes to come....Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment