Thursday, December 6, 2012

Jezzebelle the Jack Russell

 Today I thought I'd introduce you to our pet Jezzebelle- she's a Jack Russell Terrier and not quite a year old....
 
 
 
    

    Our normal mornings involve sitting on the patio, me drinking coffee and her chasing anything that moves.   Evidently her favorite thing to do is to chase and play with the squirrels in the pecan and oak trees in the backyard.  If they attempt to come down out of the tree to eat pecans, she chases them back up!  She will watch them from the back door throughout the day and let me know when one is not where it belongs.....

     Of course, squirrels aren't the only thing she chases- she has caught toads, lizards, mice, gecko's, and salamanders.  She tries to catch the fish in the pond, but hasn't been successful in that endeavor, thank goodness.  Jezzebelle certainly has kept the wildlife here in check!

     I have to be honest though, I didn't really want another pet.  My son's thought my husband and I  should have one because they were both leaving home (one on deployment and the other to basic training) and they would be taking my grandchildren with them.  Not an even exchange if you ask me! On the plus side, she has brought some joy and laughter to this house since the children and grandchildren have gone.  Jezzebelle has made me laugh until I cried - she is sooo funny!


     I hope you have a pet that brings you joy......

No comments:

Post a Comment