Monday, December 3, 2012

Mama's Pancakes

     One of my fondest memories growing up is the pancakes my mom used to make for my brother and I.  It's your basic recipe, but it was all in the WAY she cooked them and served them!  I only make these a few times a year because they aren't the healthiest, but sometimes you just have to stroll down memory lane.....


Mama's Pancakes

1 batch any pancake mix
Oil for coating pan
Peanut butter
Blackburns Syrup- or use your favorite

Mix your pancake batter as usual, add 2-3 Tablespoons oil to skillet and heat.  When really hot, slowly pour batter in and form into about a 4inch pancake.  It should be frying it a little while you pour the batter.  Cook 2-3 minutes on each side.



    These pancakes are cripsy on the edges, which is my favorite part!  That's why I like the smaller pancakes- you could make larger ones if you like.  We don't top these pancakes with butter, we top them with peanut butter and our favorite Blackburns Syrup.....



     Yummy!!!  I hope you enjoy them as much as I do.....

No comments:

Post a Comment