Sunday, December 9, 2012

Holiday Pecan Pie

     With the holidays approaching, I'll be in the kitchen so much that you'd think that Martha Stewart has moved in!  I love this time of year because I get to share all of the treats that we don't indulge in except for holidays.  One of our favorites is this pecan pie....


Pecan Pie

9" unbaked deep dish pie crust
1 cup light corn syrup
1 cup brown sugar
3 eggs, slightly beaten
1/3 cup melted butter
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 heaping cup pecan halves

Heat oven to 350 degrees.  In large bowl, mix syrup, sugar, eggs, butter, salt and vanilla.  Mix well.  Pour filling into unbaked pie crust, sprinkle with pecan halves.  Bake 50-60 minutes or until center is set.  Cool on wire rack.




Before baking:

After baking:


  

Yummy, full of gooey goodness!


 I'll be sharing more holiday recipes as time goes on, so I hope you'll continue to drop in and visit.  I'd love to hear from you if you'd like to share some of your favorite recipes too!

No comments:

Post a Comment