Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Coffee Can Canisters

    I like to buy coffee in cans so that I can have them for storage.  If you don't know what to do with them, here are some ideas....


Start with a coffee can and remove the paper.
 I had this paint set already, but you could use a spray can of gold for a base.  Let dry, then add liquid black paint over it.  While still wet, I then used a paper towel to remove most of the black for an antique finish.   Spray paint the top of the lid too if it's not the color you need.
 I thought they needed a little something, so I found a Fleur DE Li's stencil online, cut it out and painted it black on the canisters.
 The end result, and it was from using things I already had around here, so it was practically free!
 Here's my first  set.  I just painted the outside the color I wanted, and glued wallpaper to the top of the canister.
 
You can use whatever colors you need to match your kitchen decor!  It's a great way to use up all of the spray cans you have laying around your house like I do.
 
 
They'd also make a great container to corral all of your cooking utensils!
 
You could use these in a child's room to organize all of those small cars, blocks, jewelry, etc.  Label them or glue a picture on the front if they can't read yet.
 
 
Be creative- There is no wrong way to do this!


 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment