Monday, March 25, 2013

Easter Traditions

   



 I've been busy getting ready for Easter as I'm sure many of you are!  It will be a wonderful day because the whole family will be together....Both of my military sons, daughter-in-law and grandchildren will be here for the celebration!

My oldest granddaughter has already put in her request: an Easter egg hunt, Easter egg dying, decorating the house, baking cookies, and planting flowers in my flowerbeds.  She has always done these traditions with me since she was very young.  My grandson and younger granddaughter will be joining us too.  It's so important to pass on family traditions. That's what memories are made of!

I always put a basket of goodies together for them, but I usually add a few toys and less candy.  They are thrilled with whatever I put in there.  You don't have to spend a fortune- shop at the dollar stores, drugstores, the clearance isle, etc.  There are many things to choose from!



First things first..... I've added candy, of course!  I also found puzzles, pencils, jump ropes, chalk pens, hot wheels cars, stickers, and a small flowerpot of zinnia seeds.  You could add bubbles, costume jewelry, balls, crayons, a deck of  cards, gift cards to McDonald's or balloons.  Use your imagination!  I find this way of filling baskets more fun than just buying one already done.  It is more personal to each child...

What special traditions and Easter ideas do you have? I'd love to hear about them!




Happy Easter!






 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment