Friday, December 14, 2012

Potato Salad

     Yesterday,  I made chicken and sausage gumbo for tonight (it's always better the second day!) and when you eat gumbo, you MUST have potato salad and french bread with it....it's just a Cajun rule!  So here's the recipe I use - it's very simple and doesn't take a lot of ingredients.  My granddaughter usually likes to tells me when to add more spice as she calls it, but since she's moved far away I am on my own...I'll do my best!


Potato Salad

3 large russet potatoes
3 eggs
1/2 cup mayonnaise - any kind
1/4 - 1/2 cup juice from boiling the potatoes
1 teaspoon Tony's or Zatarains
1 teaspoon salt



Peel and chop potatoes and put in large pot of water. Add eggs and boil 15-20 minutes until potatoes are soft. Drain potatoes, and peel eggs. Put them in a large bowl and mash potatoes and chop up eggs. We like the potatoes more mashed than chunks. Add mayonnaise and seasoning to taste. Stir together and add as much juice as you need to make it creamy. 







And the french bread!!!




Potato salad is one of those side dishes that goes with everything.... We've eaten it with fried chicken, fish, and shrimp.  It's also delicious with baked chicken! 

The gumbo recipe is on my blog it you'd like to try making that too!  Enjoy.....

No comments:

Post a Comment