Saturday, January 19, 2013

Holiday Trip

     I've been away for awhile visiting my Army son, daughter-in-law and my grandchildren on the east coast.  Being a military family, we must schedule holiday's together, because we never know if one of the boys will be deployed the next year.  So my husband, Navy son and I drove to meet them around New Years and spent a week there.  It was a wonderful trip!

     We were able to rent a cabin for a couple of nights, so we did our Christmas celebration there.  The grand kids had a great time playing around the cabin, everything was a possible toy....tree branches, rocks, wood for the fire- nothing was off limits!  You know how kids are, nature is a playground only limited by their imagination. 

     After visiting a few museums, touring the Army base,  baking cookies with my granddaughter, playing monopoly, watching Tangled, cooking gumbo and potato salad, and eating more than we should have, it was time to say goodbye. Goodbye is never easy for me, I just try to focus on the next visit or Skype call. ( I don't know how people got along without Skype before...it makes you feel like you are actually with them!)  Next week, I will be Skyping during my youngest granddaughters third birthday....isn't technology wonderful?

    So now that vacation's over, it's time to get back into the swing of things.    I'd love to hear about your holiday traditions...    I hope you and your family had a wonderful holiday season! 
    

No comments:

Post a Comment