Friday, August 23, 2013

Shrimp Season


    Shrimp season recently opened here...looks like it's going to be a good one!



Husband went shrimping with friend- came home with
 three ice chests full of beautiful Louisiana shrimp!
 
 
 
 First, we rinsed them while they were in the ice chest and let the water drain out. Next we had to take the heads off of ALL of this shrimp before we packaged them for the freezer.

 
My mother-in-law told me how to package them like this.  After taking the heads off of the shrimp, use a four cup measuring cup, fill with shrimp and pour that into a one quart Ziploc bag.  Seal it and then put that bag into another quart size bag.  (It's called double-bagging.)


Now that my freezer is full, I can start thinking of how I will cook them.  There are so many possibilities!  I will be sharing recipes soon....

No comments:

Post a Comment