Monday, November 18, 2013

Chocolate Peanut Butter Crunch Cookies

     Sometimes, you just need a quick cookie recipe!  As much as I LOVE to bake, I don't always feel like getting out all of the ingredients like sugar, flour, soda, baking powder, etc. to make them completely from scratch.  So, on days like today, I use this recipe instead.  

     I got this recipe when I was in school.  Does anyone remember home economics class?  Okay, I am giving away my age with that one!

    Today, I was hungry for chocolate and peanut butter, so here goes...



Chocolate Peanut Butter Crunch Cookies

1 box chocolate cake mix *
1 cup chunky peanut butter*
1/2  cup cooking oil
2 eggs
2 Tablespoons water

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.   Combine all ingredients and mix well with mixer.  Drop by teaspoon onto an ungreased cookie sheet.  Bake 10-12 minutes.  Cool on cookie sheet for 1 minute.  Move cookies to wire rack to cool.  Makes about 3 dozen cookies.

**You could use white or yellow cake mix and creamy peanut butter if you'd like a different version.


Start with these:

Mix all ingredients with mixer



Drop by teaspoons and bake


These cookies are chewy and almost cake-like.  I wish you could smell them!

No comments:

Post a Comment