Sunday, December 22, 2013

Family Time and Too Many Presents

     Sorry I have been away, but I've been visiting my Army son and his family for the last couple of weeks.  I did surprise the grandchildren with my trip.  They had no idea that I was coming until I walked into their house.  They were ecstatic...I love surprises! 

 While I was there, I was able to go to their school Christmas Concerts, and the girls dance recitals.  They did a great job!  

Now, we are all back in Louisiana for the holidays.  My Navy son and husband are here too.  It's not every holiday that we all get to be together, so we enjoy family time when we can.  I cherish these memories that we are making! 

It has been a flurry of activity around here with cooking, baking and wrapping presents.  My daughter-in-law and I were looking at the tree with all of the presents under it and decided we had overdone it again..... (sound familiar?)  Which brings me to this point- Christmas presents have gotten out of hand!  Does each grandchild REALLY need 15-20 presents (from mom and dad, grandparents and Santa????)  I think not! 

I have come to a decision....next year they get 1 nice gift from me.  I am not trying to be a scrooge, but this has to be put in perspective.   They get so overwhelmed by all of the gifts,  that they pick their favorite ones and the others get pushed aside.   Their toy boxes are full already...where's the new stuff going to go?  Anyone else in this situation?   Let's see if I can stick to my decision.....

For me, Christmas is about spending time with the people you love.  Not the gifts you get.  Just being with my sons, daughter-in-law, grandchildren and husband is the best Christmas present I could ask for! 

I hope you also get to spend time with the people you care about...


  Merry Christmas from Cajun Country!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment