Saturday, March 1, 2014

Homemade Dish Washing Detergent


    Now that I made laundry detergent, I thought I'd try dishwasher detergent.  This is even easier than the laundry detergent!  So there is no excuse not to try.  Each load only cost about a nickel.... No sale or coupon, that I know of,  will get you dishwasher soap that cheap!


Ingredients:

1 cup Borax
1 cup Arm & Hammer Washing Soda
1/2 cup Kosher Salt
3/4 cups Lemi Shine

All of these ingredients are at Walmart- check the laundry section and the dish detergent sections.

Mix all ingredients together and put in container.  Leave container open (stir occasionally).  Be sure not to skip this step, otherwise you will end up with a large BRICK!  The next day, stir again and close container.  Use 1 Tablespoon per load.    Makes enough for about 50 loads.

*You could double recipe, but try it this way first.  If you don't like it, you won't waste much! 





Let me know how these are working for you or if you have better recipes- I am open to all new ideas!

No comments:

Post a Comment