Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Goodbye to Dieting

     Like many of you, I have been battling my weight for a long time.  Some say it's because of our Cajun Culture.  Yes, many of the things we eat are not very healthy for us!  Of course, I can't eat that way all the time.... I try to counteract the unhealthy foods with healthy ones whenever I can.

     I have tried many, many diets in the past.  At this point, I think I have dieted my way to this weight.  When I think back to how I used to eat and never gain weight, and how I eat now and STILL NOT losing weight, it's very unnerving!

     I came across this video recently and it really hit a nerve.  Since my son and his family moved, I needed something to focus on.  Evidently I chose my diet.  What to eat, what not to eat, how to combine foods, low carb, high fat, daily/weekly weigh ins, etc.... ugh!

     After watching this video, I think it's time for a change.  So, I will give this a try.  What do I have to lose?  Evidently my way isn't working...
   
    Focus my energy outward - eat when I'm hungry, stop when I'm full. (This does not mean pigging out!)  Maybe I will volunteer to help others.  So many possibilities.    Who knows, I may be happier in the long run because I will be able to enjoy life more.  Not just on what I am eating.  Life is really too short to do that!

     Let me know what you think.   I hope this will help you too!



https://www.dianastobo.com/innervoice

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0xSy3STEDfU

No comments:

Post a Comment