Thursday, April 9, 2015

Serving Tray Project

      Recently I rearranged the living room and in the process, I placed a blue ottoman next to the sofa on my side.  Inside of it, is all of the extra blankets and throws for when we get cold.

     At first, I just put my magazines on it, but I needed a place to put my coffee cup, etc. without spilling it.  So, I started thinking of what I had around the house that I could use...

     I had some old baking trays that I was getting ready to throw out, but then I decided that I could recycle them into a serving tray for the ottoman!  I decided to spray paint it blue.  I found a place-mat that I liked, so I cut it to fit the tray. That way, if I spill something, I can just remove the mat and wash the tray.

This is what I started with....can't use this to bake with!
Spray painted it on both sides
 Cut place-mat to fit inside
 Done...using on ottoman!

   
You could use this on a coffee table, a side table, or next to your bed.  Use whatever paint, or stencils, pictures you have... Get creative!  You really can't mess this up. If you don't like it after it's done, the baking tray was going in the trash anyway!  What do you have to lose?

No comments:

Post a Comment