Sunday, February 17, 2013

Easy Chocolate Covered Raisins

   Today I was hungry for something chocolate, but not anything that you can get out of a box.  I decided to make this easy chocolate candy recipe.  It has many variations, and I usually add whatever I am craving at the time!  You can adapt this recipe to include your favorites too.


Easy Chocolate Covered Raisins

1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
1/2 cup raisins
2 T. chia seeds - optional

Melt the chocolate in a small bowl in the microwave for about 30 seconds.  Stir, and if not melted, try 15 seconds more.  When completely melted, add raisins and chia seeds.  The chia seeds add protein, but you could add your favorite nuts.  Stir well and drop by teaspoonfuls onto waxed paper.   Refrigerate until firm.  Store in the refrigerator. 


This is a great recipe for the kids to do  too.  I'm sure they'll enjoy making their own special candy!

I have tried using chopped peanuts, pecans, and almonds.  They are all delicious.  You could leave out the raisins and just do a nut version of this also.  There are no rules- just try whatever you like!

Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment