Friday, February 1, 2013

Let's Talk Laminate

     Laminate flooring

As many of you have probably thought while considering flooring, laminate flooring is perfect! Or so we thought.... On the decorating shows, they make laminate flooring looks like the greatest thing since sliced bread. NOT SO! Granted, it looks great, but if you put it in a high-traffic area, there will be much despair!

When we built our house a few years ago, I thought laminate would look great so we put it everywhere except the kitchen, dining, baths and laundry room.  It's fine in the  bedrooms (didn't want carpet).  The problem is the living area.  I got a medium brown color but it still shows so much dust and dog hair on a DAILY basis!  I have to pass a dust mop or Swiffer nearly everyday!



Funny how I NEVER heard about the upkeep of this flooring!  If I had, I would have put something different in the living area.  Of course, having a dog that sheds 365 days a year doesn't help!  Also, when it rains, and our dog goes in and out, we are left with little dog paw prints on the floor (see photo) cute isn't it???? I don't think so....

So before anyone else makes the same mistake I did- I just wanted to tell you what apparently no one else will!

I would appreciate any suggestions or comments about this.  Have a wonderful day!





No comments:

Post a Comment