Monday, May 6, 2013

Pumpkin Pie Pancakes

     I'm still trying to sneak more fruits and vegetables into my diet....  So, I thought I'd add pumpkin to one of my favorite meals - Pancakes! 





2 cups complete pancake mix
1-1/2 cups water - may need little more once you add pumpkin
1/2 can pumpkin
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice (optional)


In large bowl, mix all ingredients together.  Add more water if needed for right consistency.  Cook  2-3 minutes each side. Top with butter and syrup.  Doesn't get much easier than that!

These almost taste like pumpkin pie....hence the name.   You could eat them plain, but they are wonderful topped with real butter and syrup.  I probably should have used less butter and syrup, but sometimes you just have to splurge!


Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment