Monday, January 13, 2014

Painted Living Room

 
  This past summer, I decided to repaint my living room.  I was bored with the neutral paint that was on the walls.  When we built this house, we put mostly neutrals in here.  That's what most homes had at the time.  The only problem with that is, it looks so masculine! 
 
I thought it needed some color!  It was a risky endeavor, but I jumped in with both feet.  Since my favorite color is blue, I decided on a  color named hydrangea.  It's Valspar Signature paint + primer.  One coat coverage!  What's not to love about that?  It really did cover the walls with one coat.  Thank goodness, because it took me about 8 hours to paint those walls!  I was NOT looking forward to repeating the process.... 
 
We have an open floor plan that connects to a small hall- that leads to the bedrooms.   I had to paint around the kitchen cabinets, 8 doors and 3 windows...phew!  That's why it took me so long- so much trimming to do.
 
Anyway, here are some of the before, during and after photos:

 
 
During



After



After
 
 
 
After
 
 
Before



During
 
 
I am still working on de-cluttering and deciding where to put artwork and pictures back up.  One thing I realized was that I have too much STUFF!
 

This may not be your color, but if you'd like to repaint a room in your home, be bold and do it!  Don't worry about what others will think.  Home is a place where you should feel safe, at peace and comfortable.  It should be a reflection of you and the things that you love.  

No comments:

Post a Comment