Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Spider Plants

   Recently I transplanted some spider plants that I had growing in my flower beds.  I had two plants that had rooted and made a whole lot of baby spider plants!  I decided to put them into different sized planters and try to sell them at our local farmers market back in November.
   Well, the farmers market was cancelled that day because of rain.  They rescheduled it in December when I was visiting my son in North Carolina.  The next one isn't scheduled until the end of March!  So I've had to keep them covered with this blast of winter cold weather we've been having. 
    They really are a very easy plant to grow!  Inside or outside.  I wanted the plants to look a little more special for the farmers market, so I spray painted the black pots (clean them first) that I transplanted them in.  I had different sized pots, so I used everything I had.  I used the cans of spray paint I had around the house to paint the pots.  I may tie some raffia around them too.  That way, they will look like more of a gift than just another plant.  
    I did give some away at Christmas.  Anyone who came by to visit had to take one home!  They would also make good Mother's Day or Easter gifts. (Transplant them a few weeks before you need them, so they have a chance to develop a root system before you give them away!)

     Here's how they turned out.....




No comments:

Post a Comment