Saturday, June 8, 2013

Fruit and Vege Trays

 
 
 
 


   Do you have extra fruit and vegetable trays laying around?  I do too, so I decided to use them!  I usually have plenty of fruit and vegetables in the refrigerator and they go bad because I don't take them out for us to eat....sound familiar???? 

   This is a way to make sure they don't go to waste, because it's ready to eat...kids will love this idea!  Let them put it together and they'll probably be more willing to eat it. Do this on the weekend and you are set for the week.  On second thought, you  may need to make two....one for the week and one for the weekend!  If you are starving when you get home, take this out and snack on the fruits/veges while you prepare dinner. I used to make these a lot when my son's were younger. It's a great summertime lunch or snack.  How about a backyard picnic!

Some of the ingredients I've used are:
apples
bananas
oranges
grapes
pineapple
melons
cantaloupe
baby carrots
cucumbers
celery sticks
cheese
ham slices
crackers


Just use whatever fruits and vegetables you have on hand!  So easy and healthy.

Enjoy your summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment